“We are the first generation in man-kind to affect the climate on earth – and maybe we
will be the last one that will not have to pay the price for what we have done.”
“We have not inherited Earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children”
“If there is to be an ecologically sound society, it will have to come from the grass roots up,
not from the top down.” - (Mr Paul Hawken)
Together with this awareness, we must implement Environmental friendly thinking into all the aspects of our daily work and life.
This means that we have to not only follow the Laws of Sweden and the European Union, but also be a step ahead. Thus, we have an obligation towards our children to be updated of what knowledge is under way, before there is a law telling us not to use it. We are the grass roots, and must act accordingly.
In practise this means:
- HGF-PHE is working according to the Environmental laws of Sweden.
- We have a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), defined by the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise. This covers the environmental responsibility as well as fundamental working force principles and human rights.
- Our affects on the Environment must be minimized, with regard to what and how much material/energy we use in our business.
- We have to handle waste in an Environmentally friendly way, and recycle what can be recycled. Waste products are to be handled according to the Swedish waste and recycling system.
- We have to continiously be updated in new knowledge concerning Environmental affects and how to minimize the affects. This will be done through the information from Environmental Organisations and Authorities of not only what is proven, but also what is suspected to be detrimental to the Environment.
- There must never be a compromise between Environmentally affects and Cost. The cost for a compromise is far too high!
ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY THINKING IS TO BE A NATURAL PART OF OUR DAILY LIFE AND WORK!